Jim Rohn was an author, entrepreneur and a highly influential motivational speaker who wrote more than 25 inspiring and motivational books.
The Art of Exceptional Living and Challenge to Succeed are two of the books that propelled Rohn to international fame.
Rohn’s life is a great example of determination’s true power. He started from the bottom, and his ambition and hard work led him to the path of success. He spent no less than 40 years on improving himself and helping millions of others do the same. His profound and inspiring speeches brought comfort and ignited hope in the hearts of his audience.
Jim Rohn died in 2009, but his ideas continue to broaden the boundaries of possibility and help people gain the motivation to break out of any slump.
Here are 15 Jim Rohn quotes on personal development and growth
- Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
- Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
- If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized — never knowing.
- Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.
- You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan.
- When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.
- If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
- If you don’t like how things are, change it. You are not a tree.
- Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.