Jackie Chan is an international superstar known for films featuring his innovative stunts, improvised weapons, comic timing, and acrobatic fighting style. In addition to being a martial artist, he is a stuntman, producer, film director, actor, and singer (that’s right, a singer).
His early career met difficulty when he was marketed as the next Bruce Lee in the late seventies. Going as far as changing his stage name, the film titled New Fist of Fury was considered a flop due to the fact that Chan was not familiar with Lee’s style of martial arts. Chan eventually bounced back from the event, finding success creating what would be known as “comedic kung fu”.
Today, Jackie Chan has acted in over 150 films and has stars to his name on both the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hong Kong Avenue of Stars.
Here are a few of the best Jackie Chan quotes to inspire you to take control of your life and enjoy it to the fullest.
- “I’m good for some things, bad for a lot of things.” – Jackie Chan
- “I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan.” – Jackie Chan
- “Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.” – Jackie Chan
- “I do small things. I try to do good things every day. If everyone does some good, think of what a good world this will be.” – Jackie Chan
- “The ads all call me fearless, but that’s just publicity. Anyone who thinks I’m not scared out of my mind whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.” – Jackie Chan
- “I allowed myself to be bullied because I was scared and didn’t know how to defend myself. I was bullied until I prevented a new student from being bullied. By standing up for him, I learned to stand up for myself.” – Jackie Chan
- “Family is not who’s blood is in you, it’s who you love and who loves you” – Jackie Chan
- “Now I am older, I understand we have to accept who we are.” – Jackie Chan
- “I’m crazy, but I’m not stupid.” – Jackie Chan
- “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- “The best fights are the ones we avoid.” – Jackie Chan
- “If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live?” – Jackie Chan
- “Kung fu lives in everything we do. It lives in how we put on a jacket and how we take off a jacket. It lives in how we treat people. Everything is kung fu.” – Jackie Chan
- “Being still and doing nothing are two completely different things” – Jackie Chan
- “I only want my work to make people happy.” – Jackie Chan